For this website to function correctly, we sometimes store small files – called cookies – on your machine. Most large websites do this.
What are cookies?
A cookie is a small text file that a website leaves on your computer, tablet or smartphone when you visit the website. This allows the portal to "remember" certain entries and settings (e.g. logon, language, font size and other display preferences) for a certain length of time. As a result, you do not have to set these again each time you visit the website and navigate on it.
- Authenticating and identifying you when you use our websites and applications so that we can provide you with the services you are requesting
- Tracking information that you have provided us with, e.g. storing articles in your shopping basket when you are in the Online Shop.
- Providing the websites and applications from Festo that you are using
- Storing your settings or the position you were at when you finished using a website or an application from Festo
- Measuring your use of websites and applications from Festo so that we can improve them and adapt our websites and online services to what you are likely to be interested in
- Understanding your probable interests so that we can provide you with more relevant content on the Festo site.
The functions and properties of individual cookies are described below:
- + Behaviour cookies
- + Performance improvement
- + Functional cookies
- Behaviour cookies for statistics
These include cookies that enable Festo to optimise the website based on users' behaviour (tracking) and are stored anonymously.